The lagoon city of Venice in northern Italy is home to the most expensive city hotel in Europe, according to a survey conducted by TravelMag.com.
The survey looked at luxury hotel rates across European cities for the month of September – typically the month when most hotels in Europe charge their highest rates – and compared the cost of the cheapest available rate for a double room in each location.
The results found that The Gritti Palace, located on Venice’s Grand Canal, is Europe’s priciest hotel, with a cheapest rate of € 1,170 Euro per night for a double room. The second and third most expensive hotels are both found to be in Paris, with Le Bristol charging €1,065 Euro per night and The Ritz Hotel just a couple of Euros cheaper.
Indeed, Paris lays claim to a remarkable eight of the ten most expensive hotels in Europe in September, according to the survey.
Completing the Top 10 is Belmond Hotel Cipriani, also in Venice, with a cheapest rate of €1,030 per night. Visitors to London in September may choose to avoid 45 Park Lane, which ranks as the 19th most expensive hotel in Europe, with a rate of €695 Euro per night.
The following table shows the 20 most expensive city hotels in Europe. The prices listed indicate the cheapest available nightly rate for a double room during the month of September 2016.
2. The Ritz Hotel (Paris) 1065 Euro
3. Le Bristol (Paris) 1063 Euro
4. Hôtel Plaza Athénée (Paris) 1050 Euro
5. The Peninsula (Paris) 1050 Euro
6. Belmond Hotel Cipriani (Venice) 1030 Euro
7. Four Seasons Hotel George V (Paris) 1010 Euro
8. Mandarin Oriental (Paris) 975 Euro
9. Le Meurice (Paris) 930 Euro
10. Shangri-La Hotel (Paris) 896 Euro
11. Le Royal Monceau (Paris) 880 Euro
12. Bulgari Hotels & Resorts (Milano) 836 Euro
13. Portrait Hotel (Rome) 819 Euro
14. Four Seasons Hotel (Firenze) 794 Euro
15. Hotel de Russie (Rome) 780 Euro
16. Baur au Lac (Zurich) 745 Euro
17. Mandarin Oriental (Milan) 725 Euro
18. Hôtel Fouquet’s Barrière (Paris) 698 Euro
19. 45 Park Lane (London) 695 Euro
20. Mandarin Oriental (Milan) 690 Euro
Press Contact: Paul Joseph, email@example.com