A new survey from TravelMag.com has established the most expensive city hotels in the United States and Canada. Not surprisingly, these pricey establishments are mostly located in each of the two countries’ biggest city.
The survey specifically compared luxury hotels based on their average rates for a regular double room (using the least expensive double room as the basis of comparison) during the month of October 2014. Only such hotels located inside major cities were considered.
With an average nightly rate of $1,189, the Soho House, situated in the heart of New York’s bustling Meatpacking District, is the most expensive hotel in the United States. In Canada, that distinction goes to the Four Seasons Toronto, which leads the Canadian rankings. At an average overnight price tag of $532 it is, however, significantly cheaper than the USA’s most expensive hotels.
The following table shows the most expensive city hotels in the USA (Top 20) as well as in Canada (Top 10). The rates listed reflect the average daily rate for the most affordable double room in each hotel during the month of October 2014.
1. Soho House New York City $1189
2. Skylofts at MGM Grand (Las Vegas) $1134
3. The Peninsula (New York City) $1014
4. The St. Regis (New York City) $995
5. Four Seasons Hotel New York $943
6. The Plaza Hotel (New York City) $927
7. The Ritz-Carlton, Central Park (New York City) $923
8. Park Hyatt New York $875
9. Trump International Hotel & Tower New York $846
10. Mandarin Oriental New York $821
11. The Towers at the New York Palace $820
12. The Pierre (New York City) $747
13. Four Seasons Hotel Boston $725
14. The Mark (New York City) $695
15. The Carlyle (New York City) $675
16. The Lowell (New York City) $675
17. The Ritz-Carlton Boston Common $674
18. Hotel Plaza Athenee (New York City) $671
19. Mandarin Oriental Boston $667
20. The Surrey (New York City) $665
1. Four Seasons Toronto $532
2. The Ritz-Carlton Montréal $505
3. The Ritz-Carlton Toronto $468
4. Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto $464
5. Hotel Le St-James (Montréal) $400
6. The Hazelton Hotel (Toronto) $370
7. Shangri-La Toronto $364
8. Fairmont Pacific Rim (Vancouver) $358
9. Windsor Arms Hotel (Toronto) $356
10. Shangri-La Vancouver $341
About the Methodology:
The survey was conducted in September 2014. For all luxury hotels in the United States and Canada that are located in a major city (>500,000 residents), the lowest available price a couple would have to spend to stay at each respective hotels was established. This figure represents each establishment’s average rate for the month of October 2014. The rates were taken from the respective hotels’ websites or were drawn from the leading hotel-booking sites. In all cases, the lowest available price was used in tabulating the results.
For more information about this survey, please contact us: Nicole Haney, email@example.com