Two private island resorts in the Seychelles lead the list of most expensive hotels in the world, according to a recent survey by TravelMag.com. In coming up with the rankings, TravelMag’s research team compared the rates of luxury hotels around the globe for July and August 2014, the main summer travel months.
Specifically, the rankings are based on the minimum price a couple will have to spend per night to stay at a particular hotel or resort. With an average rate of $6695 per night, the North Island Lodge, located close to the Seychelles’ main island of Mahé, has clearly revealed itself to be the most expensive hotel in the world.
The two runners-up are also private island resorts: Fregate Island, located in the Seychelles, and the Laucala Island in Fiji. Average rates of $5246 and $5040 per night, respectively, earned these hotels the number two and three slots on the survey. Four luxury safari lodges in Botswana and Tanzania, a luxury tent camp located on Canada’s Vancouver Island, another private island resort in Tanzania and a luxury resort in Sardinia, Italy round out the Top 10.
The following table shows the 20 most expensive hotels in the world. The rates listed reflect the average nightly price a couple can expect to spend to stay at each respective resort for the period spanning July 1 – August 31, 2014. The rates mentioned include all taxes and fees.
1. North Island Lodge (Seychelles) $6995
2. Fregate Island (Seychelles) $5246
3. Laucala Resort (Taveuni ,Fiji) $5040
4. Khwai River Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3800
4. Savute Elephant Camp (Chobe, Botswana) $3800
4. Eagle Island Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3800
7. Singita Sasakwa Lodge (Serengeti, Tanzania) $3700
8. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort (Vancouver Island, Canada) $3681
9. Le Dune, Forte Village Resort (Sardinia, Italy) $3114
10. Mnemba Island Lodge (Zanzibar, Tanzania) $3100
11. Singita Lebombo Lodge (Limpopo, South Africa) $2754
12. The Wakaya Club and Spa (Wakaya, Fiji) $2740
13. Cala Di Volpe (Sardinia, Italy) $2613
14. Canouan Resort (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) $2592
15. Hotel Pitrizza (Sardinia, Italy) $2567
16. Villa del Parco (Sardinia, Italy) $2502
17. Four Seasons Tented Camp (Chiang Rai, Thailand) $2436
18. Maia Luxury Resort & Spa (Anse Louis, Seychelles) $2420
19. The Ranch at Rock Creek (Philipsburg, United States) $2385
20. Queen Charlotte Lodge (Naden Harbour, Canada) $2308
About the Methodology:
The survey was conducted in June 2014. For all luxury hotels, the lowest available price, on average, a couple would have to spend to stay at the respective resorts was established for the months of July and August 2014. Private island resorts and safari lodges were also considered as hotels and were included in the survey. Only those accommodations hosting a minimum of 20 people were considered. The rates were taken from the respective hotels’ websites, were requested by phone or were drawn from the leading hotel-booking sites. In all cases, the lowest available price was used in tabulating the results.
For more information about this survey, please contact us: Nicole Haney, firstname.lastname@example.org